Thursday, November 15, 2012

“Fact vs. Truth”


My story begins with nothing more than a desire to serve others and to impart into them the knowledge of personal money management. My husband was there for me especially financially, we jokingly called him the Bank of Bernique in the office.

The fact was: I had no money or did not even know where to start, so I just began to do what I love.
The truth was: I knew if I was obedient Increasing H.O.P.E would be provided for and it has been.


However, in March of this year our lives began to change. My husband was injured in a freak accident which has had him out of work for much of this year. And we have since learned that he will not be returning to work. He so lovingly has allowed me to increase the hope of others for all these years (2003-2012) without receiving a salary from this organization. I know he’s the best thing that ever happened to me!
The fact is: my life will never be the same, but truthfully I believe our best days are yet to come as a couple (married almost 33 years).
The truth is: Increasing H.O.P.E would not be where it is today without his support and I thank him for that.

The fact is: Increasing H.O.P.E has lost other sources of funding this year, but…
The truth is: There is always H.O.P.E!
I have the love and support of those around me (Team Increa$e, has been awesome), however I need your support now more than ever. While I know God’s “got this”, I also know that God uses people, so I’m asking for your help. When out in the community I am amazed at how many people have been impacted by H.O.P.E and I do not want to stop touching lives, so will you support Increasing H.O.P.E.? Will you consider purchasing a ticket or making a $40 donation at the link below?

The fact is: times are tough for us all, but
The truth is: I serve a BIG God! God bless you and thank you for your support!

Oh yeah, see you at the Moolah Mixer on November 17th at 6:30 pm at the Blackbaud Atrium. I’ll be the one in white knee high boots and the afro!

Sincerely,

Dorothea Bernique, AFC
Executive Director

No comments:

Post a Comment